The Roper River offers some of the best Barramundi run-off fishing in the Northern Territory. This magnificent River flows into the Gulf of Carpentaria and is navigable for almost 170kms making the hot spot opportunities endless and the competition virtually non-existent. With 24 years of experience fishing the Roper River, Captain Dan and his crew have an intimate knowledge of the River and know exactly where to take you in search of the elusive “metrey” Barramundi.
What to expect on your charter:
- The " Darwin to mothership Grumman Mallard Seaplane Experience " is only available on the Roper River charter.
- Your charter will begin in Darwin where you will depart on the Grumman Mallard Amphibian Aircraft at 06:30hrs, arriving on the back deck of the Iron Lady at 08:30hrs.
- Once on board, breakfast will be served and the fishing gear will be loaded into the skiffs ready for you to blow away your casting blues and catch your first barramundi.
- The next seven days will be spent catching fish – timing dependent on the tides and hot spots. You will be taken to a number of different locations and learn about the local area from your guides. With meals provided every day and a cold drink and nibbles awaiting your return back on the Iron Lady – you will be treated like kings and queens.
- On your last day, you will depart the Iron Lady at approximately 09:45hrs on the Grumman Mallard Amphibian Aircraft for a relaxing scenic trip back to Darwin with 2 hours to reminisce on your week of fishing adventures.
Other fishing tackle (rods, reels etc) is supplied on a ‘replace if lost/broken’ basis. You are welcome to bring your own tackle but please confirm with us that it is appropriate for the conditions and it, together with your personal effects, is not going to exceed aircraft weight restrictions of 15kg per person.
Due to legal requirements, please place your beverage orders with us at least a month prior to your trip. That way we can have your preferred drinks on board when you arrive and payment can be made at the time. Remember, there will be no bottle shop (or any other shop) within hundreds of kilometers of us. Pre-order it or do without it!